View this post on Instagram
Life's good when you start the day with a view like this. . Definitely one of the best camping experiences, when we had to spend the night braving high winds and a thunderstorm, only to wake up to be mesmerised by a fresh wave of snowfall at the higher reaches. . . #EatTravelLiveRepeat #mcleodganj #triund #highONhimalayas #ETLRTravelDiaries2017 #TravelWithETLR #theETLRblog #travelwithshenaz
- A comfortable Volvo bus journey to and fro from Delhi to McLoedganj for INR 1500 per head.
- A two night stay in Hotel Hill Town for approx. INR 1400 at INR 700 per night (Cost was around INR 950 but applied the discount code on GOIBIBO and paid part by GoCash).
- 3 meals a day for two days and 2 for the third day in approx. INR 100-150 per meal per head.
- Total Cost = 1500+1400+1000=INR 3900.
Now this cost can be easily reduced if:
- A night’s stay cost can be reduced by 40% by staying in a backpackers hostel for anywhere between INR 250-450 per night.
- Instead of going out for a breakfast, look out for hotels offering complimentary breakfast (OYO provides complimentary breakfast) or an Airbnb.
- Try the local cuisine instead of traditional Indian meal as the local meals are cheaper and plenty in quantity, and trust me the taste will not disappoint you.